When you spend a lot of time in the kitchen, you want to have some gadgets and accessories that make your life a little easier. Some people love cooking! Some people hate cooking! No matter your feelings towards the culinary world, it’s important to know that you NEED to spend time in your kitchen to be successful in building a healthy lifestyle, unless of course you live a life a luxury with a private chef. In that case, cheers darling!
I am a busy mother of three kiddos! My husband and I just grand opened our fitness studio, Elevation Fitness and Performance. My bestie and I have built HellaBella Athletics from the ground up for the last three years. With everything I have going on in my life, my health is a massive priority for me. When I’m healthy and feel great, I can be my best in every avenue of my life. With that being said, sometimes mama needs a little help! I am always looking for ways to save time and simplify tasks.
So I have compiled a list of MUST-HAVES for a healthy kitchen. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed!
1. Veggie Steamer: Steaming veggies are one of the easiest ways to prepare them. Another great benefit of steaming your vegetables is keeping high nutrient density. Keeping the veggies off of the water will preserve the nutrients inside of them. Therefore, giving you more of what you need.
2. Souper Cubes: I always tell my clients to double or triple their recipes. You are already spending time in the kitchen; why not make MORE food so you don’t have to later? These cubes are awesome! Use them to make massive soup, chili or meatloaf ice cubes to store in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer them into a huge freezer safe bag and you’re in business!
3. Salad/Oil Sprayer: Making salad dressings are incredibility easy. Simply choose vinegar or citrus, oil and some seasoning to create your flavors. Then spray your salad with an even coating of yumminess. The result? You will be able to control your calorie intake more effectively. Bonus use: Have an extra one in your kitchen for just oil to create a non-stick surface for your pots and pans!
4. Silpat mat: These are awesome! Use them to roll out onto your cookie sheets when baking meatballs, roasting veggies or even baking your own tortilla chips. You don’t have to use non-stick spray, parchment paper or foil! Use them over and over again!
5. Old Fashioned Ice Cream Scooper: This little accessory is a MUST for making meatballs. If you know us well, you would know that we highly recommend making meatballs. They are easy and versatile! This scooper makes it easy to create the right portion sizes and avoid messy hands.
6. Reusable Lunch Containers: We love reusable ANYTHING! It’s cost effective long-term and environmentally friendly. We really love the brands that help with portioning your foods effectively.
7. The Instapot: These little miracles cut down your cook time by a boatload! You can make meals in a matter of mere minutes. We highly suggest investing in one of them and experimenting with your favorite recipes. There are even designated cookbooks for Instapots.
8. The Ninja: We have run the gamut on blenders and trust us when we say; this is one of the best. We love that it’s easy to assemble and disassemble. We love that it’s incredibly easy to clean and store. It’s only three pieces! We use them to make nut butters, smoothies, soups, purees and so much more.
9. Measuring Devices: These are critical! We don’t believe that you should live and die by your measuring cups. However, we do believe that you should have an understanding of what you eat and how much you eat of it. Get yourself a digital scale, measuring cups and spoons so you can start building awareness around your food intake. If you don’t know how much to eat, revisit many of our other blog posts to help!
10. BluApple: Toss one of these awesome little things into your vegetable crisper to absorb the methane and keep your fruits and veggies fresher for longer! This is a most to those who find themselves tossing food in the garbage.
We hope we have inspired you to fill up your kitchen with some awesome timesaving devices. Order one or all of them! We just ask that you have some fun experimenting in your kitchen. Need more inspiration? Become a Bella with the Bella Life online to take advantage of our awesome workouts, delicious and healthy recipes, and monthly mantras, FaceTime with me and Amy and secret Bella resources every single month.
Until next time, Bella!